Energy@Work Inc.’s A-B-C is a systematic approach for examining a building in order to gain a greater understanding of its operations, to identify low and no cost Energy Efficiency Measures (EEMs), as well as capital intensive measures. A-B-C involves the completion of an ASHRAE Level II Audit , a Building Simulation, and Commissioning - Phase 1.
ASHRAE Level II Audit
- Comprehensive analysis of building & its systems
- Creates an energy end use breakdown
- Provides detailed energy and financial analysis
- Identifies EEM costs & savings, as well as operations and maintenance changes
- A detailed energy model that can be used as an ongoing energy performance diagnostic tool
- Allows robust Measurement & Verification (M&V) of EEMs as per IPMVP Option D, adheres to ASHRAE guideline 14
Commissioning - Phase 1Phase 1, Existing Building Commissioning (EB Cx)
- Establishes operational procedures
- Develops the Project Charter and EB Cx Plan
- Creates a Building Operating Plan (BOP)
The A-B-C enables you to make sense of your building’s operations, energy use, and provides a road map for energy reduction. The benefits of conducting an A-B-C include:
- Detecting anomalies through energy baselines and benchmarks;
- Identifying systems and equipment that are not functioning properly
- Assessing the feasibility of capital and low cost Energy Efficiency Measures
A-B-C is a road map to achieve and sustain long term performance and energy reductions!
Example of Energy Reductions From an A-B-C Project
View our News articles relating to A-B-C here.